Add To Favorites
Add To Favorites Button
Add the Widget to your page and the button will display.
Now your site Visitors will be able to save all your favorite Posts or Products (as a Wishlist).
Scope: this is the most important choice, because there are three possibilities:
- Cookie, visitor's preferences will be stored in a Cookie, so confined in his computer/browser, but he doesn't need to be registered. You can also set "Cookie Expiration" days as lifetime of the cookie.
- User, a registered user can save his preferences in his User Meta, so it will be stored data in db for this specific person and it will be available from every device and moment until he remove it. Probably is the solution that you need.
- Global, is a community preference, so all preferences will be added and stored in db inside an Option. You can use this method also to "Save post as Sticky".
Show counter, for Cookie an User scope you can render visible how many other Users have saved current post on theirs preferences (as a Facebook Like button).
NOTE: if Cookie scope the counter may not be realistic, because a visitor can delete his cookie and re-add it causing the increase of counter.
Favorite lists: you can create many List (like "Save for Later", "My preferred posts", etc), for every list you need to set :
- Key, that will be the unique name which identifies it in UserMeta or in Cookies. Pay attention to set it, because if you change it you will lost preferences saved until now (in reality they remain saved with the old key, but they will not be considered). Is better write it in lowercase, with _ instead the spaces and avoid special characters
- Title, the name of the button that will help you to identificate
- Add e Remove Tabs, where you can decide the text of the Call to Action showed on the button, optionally accompanied by an icon
- Hide the button for NON logged Users, so visitors will not see this button
- Force them to Login specifying the Login Url
You can customize the content of:
- Add Success Message: it will be shown when the user add current post in the list
- Remove Success Message: it will be shown when the user remove current post from the list, previously added
Floating message: the notification is by default under the bottom, but enabling it they will float on the page where you decide (top, middle, bottom, left, center, right)
How to Show the list
ATTENTION: this widget only collects user preferences.
To print the complete list of user preference you can use other specialized Widgets for Posts Archive like Views Widget,
filtering all Posts by their ID included in the Posts saved list.
Depending on your scope you should use as Value:
- [system:cookie:my_list_key], for List stored in Cookie
- [user:my_list_key], for List stored in User Meta
- [option:my_list_key], for List stored Globally
Replace "my_list_key" with our own List key setted on your widget.