The Featured Image widget allows you to dynamically insert the image of the post you are in
You can use it in a dedicated template. This way you can format it globally for all those posts that use this template. You can also use it on a page. The result is that its associated image will be displayed.
These are featured basic configuration possibilities:
- Image Size, the crop size
- CSS Effects
- Link to
- Size (Width)
- The Maximum Height
- Filters Css
- Blend Mode
- Border Type
- Border Radius
- Box Shadow
1 - Background
By enabling the background option you can transform the image into a background and you can create a uniform frame.
If you enable "Extended Background" you can use the featured image as a real background. This allows you to add texts and other content over it.
2 - Overlay
You can set a colored overlay or an image used as a pattern over the featured image.
3 - Rollover
If you set the image to be clickable, you'll activate the rollhover, so you'll be able to assign several effects:
- a background color
- the overlay variation by color and transparency
- the variation of the filters (blur, hue, lightness etc.)
- activate an animation of the entire object
- a zoom effect that magnifies the image slightly when hovering over
4 - Placeholder
If by chance you still haven't associated an image to your post you can set a placeholder image to avoid an empty space.
If the image is clickable and has a link you can use the following options:
- the post it is in (Useful when you're using it on a template in a Dynamic Post widget)
- the Media File itself which will open in lightbox.
- ACF-URL (if you use Advanced Custom Fields you can use a URL metadata stored in the post)
- the home page
- a custom URL (static page)
SETTINGS, other source post