A button to generate the PDF version of the current page or a specific portion.
The Basic Button settings, equal to the Button Widget in Elementor Free:
- Icon Position
- Icon Spacing
- Button ID
- All Styles
with a little variant on Link section:
- Open in new window, open the link in a new tab
- Add nofollow, to avoid spider follow the link
- Force download, add the download attribute to the link anchor
- Title, title of the generated document in pdf. By default it's the name of the post, possibility to use dynamic fields
- Body, layout of the pdf to be created. Based on the current post or with fields and elements of a template created with Elementor
- Current Page, use the body of Current Page template, or a subset defined by the jQuery selector (use a ID or a unique class)
- Template, use a custom Elementor Template created ad hoc, where you can use standard Widgets like Title, Content, Image, etc
- Page Size, format to be applied to the pdf document
- Page Orientation, vertical or horizontal
- Page Margin, margins of the pdf document
- Use Styles, styles to be applied to the pdf. Options available are:
- No style, pure hmtl for a simple and clear text with default format
- Only Elementor, will be used only Elementor native frontend css
- Elementor and current Theme, will be merged Elementor native frontend css and current Theme style
- Converter, method ora library to be applied for conversion to pdf. Options available are:
- DomPDF, the most used and powerful, support CSS2 and advanced Templates*
- TCPDF, very stable libray, more quick but not support to latest CSS and structured template (works with tables)
- Browser, the builtin Browser print to PDF, very powerful and configurable by the user
* IMPORTANT NOTICE
Although DomPDF is the method that allows the greatest potential in converting the various elements of a document into PDF, it is also subject to limitations in complex layout conversions, so it is advisable to adopt layouts that are not too elaborate.
If in PDF process generation you get this error (or similar):
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-content-for-elementor/vendor/symfony/dom-crawler/Crawler.php on line 1170
Is because on your server is running a non updated version of PHP (7.0).
Upgrade to PHP >= 7.1 version will resolve the bug of the required library used to create the PDF.