With FileBrowser widget you can quickly list your files.
Select the base folder from:
- Uploads, select a subfolder of default upload folder (/wp-content/uploads);
- Custom, select a custom folder from the root of the wp installation;
- Media Library, select your file directly from the Media Library or in a Post field that contains them;
- Taxonomy, select a Taxonomy associated to Medias (not WP native) and use it as a folder;
- Post Medias, show all files uploaded to Media Library directly from the current post.
File tree is Ordered by name Ascending or Descending and Filtered by:
- Extension, shows only the file type you need, write all extensions separated by a comma (example: pdf, docs, txt);
- Empty folder, to remove them from the list;
- Resized Image, to ignore WordPress image thumbnails that will be automatically generated by the system.
Show File Info & Metadata
For every Folder and Files listed you can show:
- Icon, different by extension and preview icon for images in Media Library;
- Title, automatic from the file-name, automatic from Media or Custom;
- Description, automatic from Media or Custom;
- File extension, automatic from file;
- File Size, automatic from the real file size;
- Download counter, for statistics, increased on every user click.
Instant search filter from file title.
Take a look at the example: