Add new templates in My Templates
Here you’ll have to build your content from your page considering the role the elements own, for example:
- the Post Title
- the Featured image
- the main Post Content
- the Terms it belongs
- the customized Post Meta you’ve decided to put in your page
- the Read More button
- more Content Widgets
You can associate your template globally to the whole type, no obstacles, no filters that complicate the procedure, just a project-oriented system that will allow you to easily define that your single pages will have a layout. Moreover, you’ll be able to make the same for the elements that will be displayed in the archives, which we’ve called “Archive Blocks”.
- all Post Types, (Post, Page and CPT)
- all Post Taxonomies, (Category, Tag and Custom)
- Other special Archive pages, like Search and Author
- Single page, a single visualization post
- Archive page, a list of filtered posts
previously created with Dynamic Widget (bundled in our plugin or also in Elementor PRO).
Wordpress generate automatically various Archive pages:
- Post Type, like all Articles page
- Term, with all Post associated
- Date, all post for a specific Month, Week, Day
You can decide to override:
- with Boxed or FullWidth options the single Post Preview in the list with a custom Template (a simple that will contain Title, Image and a Read more) and you can decide how many columns for each responsive visualization
- with Canvas, the entire page where you can replace the native list with your own, you can decide the position, the columns, the element in list...everything!
The Template selected should have inside a Widget that will render the list of the posts of current query (so you can use Dynamic Post or View)
If you’d want to have a page with a different layout you could define it directly from the article. This is great because often not all the pages have to be structurally the same.
Exactly like you select a different template from “Attributes”, you can control Elementor’s default layout.
If a chain of articles has a specific Taxonomy associated, you can decide them to have a whole new graphic.
All of this while you’re building your elements, without jumping from one thing to another.